Thursday, January 07, 2010

Time to get the office in order...

I hooked up the new Linksys Wireless Broadband Router yesterday and it worked like a charm, allowing me to roam around with my laptop and browse the internet at blazing speeds... well ok ... not blazing, but not terrible either.  Here's an example from my office computer;





I love my ATT 3G Broadband card.  When I'm on the go, there is nothing like being connected. Sure at home it's butt slow, but I'm in a pretty remote area... no cable services, heck ATT doesn't even offer DSL out here.  When compared against the price of satellite internet - the value was much better with Mobile Broadband.

Tonight I installed my D-Link Wireless PCI card into my desktop computer in the office.  I was expecting to have to do some configuration since it had been a while since I'd used it, but it installed smoothly and found the wireless network and connected without problem.  Now I have internet in the office as well!

So, I'm sitting here thinking... if I'm going to get comfortable and get back into the office, I might need to upgrade my monitor.  I've got a 15" KDS Rad-5.  It's an older monitor, but up till now it has done the job nicely.  I think I can get a decent monitor now for under $200.

Let the hunt begin!

No comments: