Monday, January 25, 2010

It's official... the Chelsea Adobe User Group will launch in February.

As the month of January comes to a close I'm very excited to announce that I've got the go ahead from Adobe to start the Chelsea Adobe User Group.  Adobe gives group managers a 30 day trial period to make sure that they are serious about the group and if you impress the User Group Community managers, they will invite you to continue running the group and will give you access to the Adobe User Group Community, which is one of the best designer / developer communities in the world.

My love of Adobe's products is pretty evident and I realized near the end of last year that I used to really enjoy telling others about how they could use the products to create amazing things and do whatever they would like to do with them, especially if they used these products as part of their work flow process to make money.

I have some really great ideas for this User Group, and in case you're wondering, this is not my first go-round.  I founded the Ann Arbor Macromedia User Group in 2004 and the group is still running today.  I am no longer the manager of the group, but trust me when I say that it's in great hands.  :)

I'll begin to work on the website over the next couple weeks and get content ready for the first meeting in February.  Tonight I was able to secure meeting space and I think I have an idea on how to get some local sponsors.

This is going to be fun...

No comments: