Saturday, February 06, 2010

Weekend Research

It's safe to say that I've been feeling a bit lost lately, see my previous post on goals and purpose in life.  I'm not the kind to sit quietly by and just let things happen.  I do believe that I have some control over my life and so this weekend I've started to look at some options that may assist me with becoming a better person.

After doing quite a bit of research, I think I may be ready to find out more information on becoming a Mason.  There is a lodge in Chelsea and I'm thinking of stopping by next week to gather more data before making a commitment, but from what I've read so far, this is looking like a good match.

I have been a member of the Fraternal Order of Eagles since 2006, and although I've found friendship and made very strong bonds with brothers and sisters at this Aerie, I'm just not sure that I'm getting what I signed up for when I joined. I heard words like brotherhood, loyalty, compasion, respect and yet when I visit the Aerie, this is not always what I see.  The monthly meetings lack focus and are often disorganized. 

Although I'll likely stay a member of the Eagles due to the friendships I've made there, I still find myself searching for more. 

I'm excited to learn if the Masons "talk the talk" and "walk the walk". If they do - I see myself committing to become a better person and walking side by side with them to make for a better world.

No comments: