The best part about February is that you get to look back and see how you're doing on your new year's resolutions and goals. This year was a crazy year for me and goal setting. I have no fewer than one hundred and fifty goals written out, broken down by month. It's going to be a great year ... and a very challenging one.
In this post - I'll take a look at how I did through January as well as officially launch my new year's resolutions. What better way to commit than to have 31 days in before saying that it will be something I resolve to this year.
- No more fast food. Since January first I have not had any fast food. To tell you the truth, I don't really miss it.
- Workout every weekday before work. In January I managed to do this and work up from a thirty minute workout each weekday to my current workout which is one hour. Although I haven't lost any weight, I'm ok with it, as the goal that I made was to get up and workout every weekday morning in January and I did it! This will continue into February.
- Dive back into the technical side of things on the web world and re-learn Flash and Flex. I've done a great deal and even completed my first freelance job in January. I'm back folks.
- Post a blog entry per day every day of 2010. If you've been following, then you know I've managed to do this through January as well!
- Begin immersing myself into technology and business by reading more and listening to podcasts instead of music on the way to work. Done.
- Start to take my photography hobby a bit more seriously and learn more about the art and what makes a good picture. I'm well on my way for this one, I do have lots to learn though, but I think it will be great. If you've seen my Photography Goals for 2010 then you know just how much work I have ahead of me.
- Cut down on going to the bar. I've cut this back quite a bit and what I've found is that I like being at my house and feeling productive. Go figure.
- Re-learn French. I'm proud to say that with the help of Rosetta Stone, January has seen me make it through the first Unit of French. There are four units per level and I plan to make it through a unit per month. There are five levels total.
- Take a moment or two to do a mental health check on myself. Work on building self-esteem and self-confidence. Courses like "The Psychology Of Achievement" and a couple from David DeAngelo have been helping out on that front. I'll look to continue with these classes in February.
- Launch a local user group. I have been given the ok from Adobe to try to launch the Chelsea Adobe User Group. I look forward to this challenge and I'll that I'll learn by doing it.
2010 has been an interesting year so far and I look forward to the challenges it brings me....