Saturday, July 03, 2010

Simplify The Life, Live In The Moment

I came across a couple blogs lately on living a minimalist style of life.  It's a pretty interesting concept.  I can't help but look around me and wonder how I've accumulated so many things, and I think the main reason is that we end up filling up the space that we live in, whether we really use / need the things we fill it with is another story. 

So - I'm going to take stock of the things I own, and I mean everything.  I'll start tomorrow with my front two rooms.  The goal of this type of challenge is to live with only 100 things or less.  I'm not sure that I'll be able to get that low, but I'm going to try my best to get to below 150.  More on this tomorrow.


I've been wanting to check out this DVD. I'm trying to save money, so rather than going to Blockbuster like I would usually do, I'll just add it to my Netflix queue and wait for it to come next week.

Speaking of movies, I'm thinking about going to check out "Grown Ups" this weekend as a treat to myself.  I may even take a friend, but we'll see how it goes.

I'm also working on a new article about the iPad vs. a couple e-book readers and which one I'll likely go with... I hope to have that posted soon so stay tuned.

Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!  Party safe, don't drink and drive!


1 comment:

Nadon said...

Front Room Inventory

1. Futon
2. Computer Desk
3. TV
4. RSQ Karaoke Player
5. Yamaha Powered Mixer
6. Electric Guitar / Stand
7. Kitchen Cabinet / Storage
8. Record Collection (approx 60)
9. RF Modulator
10. Storage Bin
11. Playstation 2 Game
12. Microphones (2)
13. Cables (8)
14. Lexicon Digital Studio
15. Cat Tower
16. Karaoke CD Book (2)
17. Karaoke Song Book
18. Yamaha 15" PA Speakers / Stands
19. Wall Pictures (3)
20. Gretzky "It's Been Great" poster
21. Fisherman Map Painting

That's quite a few items for the room that has the least amount of items in it!