Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Next Level - Personal Transformation Program

I'm at the beginning of a transformation, both mental and physical.

This has been a natural evolution for me in dealing with and understanding some things that have happened over the past couple years.

It's been a good experience so far and I'm working on documenting my milestones and what I'm learning as I reach each goal. I want to track my experiences and develop a program so that others may use the same methods to reach their goals. The reason I'm doing this is that I think that others may be able to benefit from what I'm now learning and wish that I had learned many years ago.

I'm using levels to track my progress and looking back on what I've learned from the previous level as I move to the next level.  I'll also plan out my own goals in each new level and review at the end to make sure that I've grown in some way. My motivation for using levels is because it is something I can easily relate to as a former video game addict. Goals are also easier to obtain when all requirements to move to the next level have been laid out in front of someone.  This is a similar method to earning belts in martial arts, except there won't be an exam at the end of each level.  Or maybe there should be?  :)

The program is still in development as I move through the levels myself, but here are some details that I've come up with so far.

There are four areas of focus in each level. As you progress through the levels you have lessons and things to put into practice in the four areas before you can move on to the next level. There is also a weight goal for each level.

The four areas are;

  1. Diet and Eating Well
  2. Mental and Emotional Growth
  3. Physical Attraction and Outer Appearance
  4. Activity and Exercise

There are ten levels total in the program.  The weight goal is based upon your personal long term goal.

This is not a program that will take months to complete, it's a life altering, pattern changing, growth program to help a person feel more overall satisfaction with life.

I believe that this program will work best for someone that is similar to me. Someone who has a lot of weight to lose, perhaps has a negative self concept, low confidence, is shy and hasn't mastered social interactions.

I'm pretty excited about this and will post more as I start to develop the program.  If you're wondering what level I'm currently on - I'm on Level 2 and I fully expect to be on Level 3 by the end of August.

If you have questions or feedback, feel free to email me or leave a comment.

No comments: