I thought it would be a good idea for me to take a look back at what I hoped to accomplish this year and make sure I'm on track to reaching my goals.
The first post was focused around Photography Goals for 2010.
- Although I haven't done a "picture per day" challenge yet, I have taken quite a bit of photos on my hiking trips this year. The year is not done yet though, so I'll still try and do this before the close of the year.
- I did sit down and think about my goals for this year and prioritize what I enjoy most and I believe that is photos that can be framed and displayed as art. My main area has been nature up till now, so I'm going to focus on getting some of my photos enlarged, matted and perhaps approach one of the local coffee shops to see if they'd be willing to let me try to sell them there.
- Read a book per month? Who the hell thought of this idea? I've read more than a book per month, but not all on photography topics... oh well - I guess I can still accomplish this if I put my mind to it.
- I completely forgot about this one. When I did some initial searching I couldn't find any photography clubs that looked interesting enough to join. I'll keep looking.
- Sharing my work online - yes, this is still a goal I am planning on reaching. I have a Flickr account setup and over the next several months I need to fine tune some work and get it up there for others to view.
- Create two photo books for the year. Well - I can definitely do one that focuses on the trails at the Waterloo Recreation Discovery Center. This is another that I had kind of forgotten about and it's time to see if I can make this one a reality.
- Get Published. When I wrote this 5 months ago, I said "it's a good thing I have eleven months to figure out how to do this..." and I still don't have a clue. We'll save this one for next quarter.
- Develop a post processing workflow - this one I've made progress on. Using Lightroom I can now drop the photos from a photo shoot into a folder, browse through them and make minor edits using Lightroom, pop into Photoshop and make more edits and still keep the original picture in tact. It's a great process which I'll look to keep. Goal Accomplished.
- Wow - I suck. Ok - I still need to do the postcard thing. I'll get this done this month, I promise myself. Goal Accomplished.
- Take a Photo Workshop - this is still a great idea and I need to check out when the next Nikon School is coming to Ann Arbor.
Ok - so I've only got 1 out of 10 done on this list. That's not great, but now I've done the check in and I know what I still need to do... and I can do it all, I still have time!
In my next post I'll cover my personal goals for 2010 and see how I'm doing on those...