Friday, April 16, 2010

Currently Listening...

This audio course was passed on to me by a good friend last year as he had good success with what is covered in this course, especially in the area of understanding what holds us back from achieving what we want out of life.  I started into this around last September and I must admit, it completely changed the way that I thought.  I was in a better state of mind, my goals were clear, I was progressing and moving forward in my career and social life.  Then things changed.

In one section of the course that focuses on the laws of attraction and correspondence, it mentions that you need to stay away from negative influences and only surround yourself with the type of people that you the ideal person you want to be will harmonize with... you should surround yourself with people you look up to, positive people and by doing so, you will be positive and move closer to being the type of person that you want to be at a rapid rate. 

Here is an actual quote from Brian Tracy's website -

Your relationships will always mirror back to you exactly the kind of a person you are. When you are happy and optimistic and at peace, your relationships will be happy and harmonious and loving. But when your thinking is disrupted or negative for any reason, consciously or unconsciously, this will be immediately reflected in your relationships.
As I thought more about this - I realize that I need to focus on making sure I'm surrounding myself with positive energy at all times.  I need to make sure I'm thinking only positive thoughts, for we are what we think, and that's a fact.  In the course he also mentions that sometimes you need to break from relationships as they are unhealthy and not in line with your goals.  Sometimes these can act as poison and keep you from moving forward toward the things you want.

Here are some other quotes from Brian's site that I'll be focusing on in the future.

First, guard your thoughts carefully. Whatever you think about, combined with the emotions of desire or fear, you will attract into your life. Be sure that you are attracting what you want by continuing to think only about what you want.


Second, keep feeding your mind with new information, ideas and pictures of the person you want to be and the life you want to live. By creating this inner attitude of mind, you change the outer aspects of your reality.
This is a fantastic course and I highly recommended it for anyone intersted in learning more about goals, goal setting, achieving those goals and breaking barriers that are holding you back from achieving anything that you want from this life.  I'm almost completely through it for the second time and I hear new areas where I can take action everytime!

If you get a chance - check out As A Man Thinketh by James Allen as well.

1 comment:

Nadon said...

I made it through this course for the second time this weekend. It really is a great way to set yourself back on track in goal setting and defining major purpose in your life.

There are other readings that can supplement this course work and I highly recommend Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and David Allen's "Getting Things Done".

Brian Tracy uses examples from both of these references in his course and both are great.

I'm going to read "Getting Things Done" again because I think some of the lessons and tools that are given are very powerful ways to beat procrastination and focus allow you to focus on being as productive as possible.