Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Thankful

Another Thanksgiving has come to an end and I'd like to take the time to post a quick note about some of the things that have me counting my blessings this year.

I'm thankful that I have a Mom that is my biggest fan, best friend and is there when I need advice or just a shoulder to cry on... we've been through a lot and she's my rock.

I'm thankful that decisions I've made have given me a challenging career which I enjoy very much, about 85% of the time.

I'm thankful that although I turned 37 years old this year, I am still a kid at heart, with an imagination that stirs my soul to create and express myself in any way possible.

While I'm on the subject of age, I'm thankful that I've made it through the year and I'm still working towards making sure I make it through next year.

I'm thankful to have a roof over my head and although I've struggled quite a bit this year, that things have worked out for the most part.

I'm thankful to have friends that are patient enough to show me that they care about me, listen to my rants, be there when I need them, and know how to give me space when that is what I need. I'm thankful to have made some great new friends this year and although I don't get to see a lot of my friends, I hope they know how much they mean to me.

I'm thankful to have a large extended family that supports me in my journey and I know I could turn to if I needed it. No matter where life takes me, we're blood and if you ever need me, just call.  If I don't answer, leave a message...  :)

I'm thankful that I have angels watching over me daily, guiding me in my decisions and guarding me from harm. I miss you all dearly, but I can still feel you, so I know you're with me.

I'm blessed beyond words, for the short list above and many, many other things that I have trouble expressing, today I'm reminded and reflect and give thanks.

No comments: