Saturday, September 25, 2010

Today's Library Grabs - Creative Process, Money Making, Music, and Economic Philosophy

I stopped by the library today to drop off a couple titles and pick up some books that I had on hold.  These are my latest additions to the "reading list".

"A Visit from the Goon Squad" is one of those picks that I just thought I would enjoy since the story is about an "aging former punk rocker and record executive, and Sasha, the passionate, troubled young woman he employs." set in the 70's San Fransisco music scene.











"If You Want To Write" takes a look at writing and the creative process.  This book was originally published in 1938, and I really enjoy finding these classic books and taking a glance back at the past to see how much, if any, things have changed in the present day.










Believe it or not, Trump's books have been on the list of books that I've really enjoyed.  Years ago I read his "Art of the Deal" and loved the book.  Even if you don't care for his personality or tactics, it's hard to argue whether he's achieved a level of success most of us will only dream about.  He's also right up there with Gene Simmons in knowing how to market yourself and make money from your brand.  I picked this title up because I'm interested to see how he brings an idea to market and I'm hoping to learn a trick or two.







Yes - a second Trump book in the same trip!  This one focuses on wealth building and is an area that I could really use some help in.  I'm very intersted to see what "The Donald" has to say in this one and how it compares to other advice I've read.











`I'll admit that the title lead me to this book, I've been reading a lot of philosophical based titles lately.  This one will introduce me to the economic side of philosophy and ties several different modern thinker's ideas on the common subject of the search to understand how a capitalist society works.  The interesting thing about this book is it's a seventh revision by the same author that wrote the original book in 1953.  Each revision looking at the modern time and economic headlines and issues.  Although this revision is a bit dated, I'm still excited to read it.

No comments: